Walhampton Parents' Association (WPA)
The WPA is a vital and active part of the Walhampton school community, made up of parents and school staff, creating fun events for all, and fundraising.
What do we do?
1. We raise funds for the school's two charities
2. We raise funds for Walhampton's 'Wish List’
3. We create fun events and activities for everyone at Walhampton, young or old, including Quiz Night, The Summer Party and Fireworks night.
We are a volunteer group of parents, drawing on our wide range of professional experiences, to meet these objectives.
1. House Charities
The two house charities this year are:
• Support the running costs of the newly built school in Khe Nang in northern Cambodia (working though the charity United World Schools.) and
• The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance which brings an advanced critical care team to seriously ill and injured patients across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. Using both the helicopter and emergency response vehicle, the independent charity effectively brings the hospital to the patient when time is critical, giving each patient the best chance of survival and recovery.
In order to maximise the fundraising potential and to let all the children support both these worthwhile causes, the whole school will be supporting these charities for the next two years
2. The Walhampton Wish List
The wish list is a list of resources for the school requested by parents or teachers and is paid for from the WPA’s fundraising efforts.
Fundraising for the school is a greatly valued part of the role of the WPA. The fund should benefit as many in the school as possible and money raised is specifically for projects that cannot be covered by school fees, but enhance the children's experience at school.
Most recently, the WPA has funded the Wellbeing Hub, the new outdoor area, designed to help support Walhampton's physical and mental health provision with a dedicated relaxed space for children. The fabulous area is already being enjoyed by all, be it break times, for lessons, or by the boarders relaxing after school.
3. Fundraising Activities
We organise several WPA events throughout the school calendar, which are very well attended by the whole school community. Their purpose is for us all to have fun and to raise some funds.
After eighteen months of having to think out of the box for fundraising initiative we are delighted to be again organising some of our wonderful events.
Whilst the WPA committee is responsible for overall fundraising, we rely on the help and support of the whole school community. A few year's ago we introduced individual Event Committees, a small group of parents who, along with some of the WPA members, will be responsible for organising a particular event in its entirety. Eg: the Quiz night, the Summer Party etc.
Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to be involved.
We would love your help
If you’d like to be involved, we’d love to hear from you as there are plenty of ways to participate, from supporting us at the events by attending or helping, or by personally raising funds for any of our charities. If you have any fundraising or events ideas, we’d love to hear them.