Walhampton Parents' Association (WPA)
The WPA is a vital and active part of the Walhampton school community, made up of parents and school staff, creating fun events for all, and fundraising.
What do we do?
1. We raise funds for the school's two charities
2. We raise funds for Walhampton's 'Wish List’
3. We create fun events and activities for everyone at Walhampton, young or old, including Quiz Night, The Summer Party and Fireworks night.
We are a volunteer group of parents, drawing on our wide range of professional experiences, to meet these objectives.
1. House Charities
The two house charities this year are:
• Support the running costs of the newly built school in Khe Nang in northern Cambodia (working though the charity United World Schools.) and
• The Honeypot Children's Charity which works to enhance the lives of young carers and vulnerable children aged 5 – 12 years old. It is the only charity in the UK to provide respite breaks and on-going outreach support throughout a child’s formative years. Honeypot House is in Exbury, Hampshire.
In order to maximise the fundraising potential and to let all the children support both these worthwhile causes, the whole school will be supporting these charities for the next two years
2. The Walhampton Wish List
It is traditional for Prep Schools to raise money for the school and Walhampton is no exception. The fund should benefit as many in the school as possible and money raised is specifically for projects that cannot be covered by school fees, but enhance the children’s experience at school.
Last year WPA funds help to pay for The Little Kitchen, which has already proved to be extremely valuable to many of the children at Walhampton.
3. Fundraising Activities
We organise several WPA events throughout the school calendar, which are very well attended by the whole school community. Their purpose is for us all to have fun and to raise some funds.
However, with no outside events happening at the moment, we will be relying on the generosity of the parents to support our new initiatives in the hope that we can raise sufficient funds this year to cover our commitments to the charities.
Whilst the WPA committee is responsible for overall fundraising, we rely on the help and support of the whole school community. A few year's ago we introduced individual Event Committees, a small group of parents who, along with some of the WPA members, will be responsible for organising a particular event in its entirety. Eg: the Quiz night, the Summer Party etc.
Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to be involved.
We would love your help
If you’d like to be involved, we’d love to hear from you as there are plenty of ways to participate, from supporting us at the events by attending or helping, or by personally raising funds for any of our charities. If you have any fundraising or events ideas, we’d love to hear them.